Healthy Living Essentials: Preferred Extras
Preferred Extras include programs and services, offered at a discounted rate for Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred Members, designed to help you lead a healthy lifestyle. Reference your Evidence of Coverage booklet for complete information.
Click an item to learn more:
With the ExtraCare Health Program you receive 20% (Footnote: The 20% discount is restricted to items purchased for the health care of the cardholder only, and applies to regularly priced CVS Health Brand health-related items valued at $1 or more. Your ExtraCare Health discount may not be used in Target stores, including those with a CVS Pharmacy in them. Excludes alcohol, lottery, money orders, prescriptions and copays, pseudoephedrine/ephedrine products, postage stamps, pre-paid cards, gift cards, newspapers and magazines, milk (where required by law or regulation), sale/promotional merchandise, bottle deposits, bus passes, hunting and fishing licenses, not valid on any imposed governmental fees, or items reimbursed by a government health plan. Check with your plan administrator for more details. ) off regularly priced CVS Health Brand (Footnote: All CVS Pharmacy Brand products are 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. If you’re dissatisfied for any reason, you can return the CVS Pharmacy Brand product (opened or unopened) along with your receipt or invoice to any CVS Pharmacy store. We’ll refund the full purchase price—no questions asked! To return the item by mail, call Customer Care at 1-888-607-4CVS (1-888-607-4287). Other pharmacies are available in our network. You are not obligated to fill your prescriptions at CVS Pharmacy by using the ExtraCare Health benefit. ) non-prescription health-related items valued at $1 or more. The ExtraCare card can be used at CVS Pharmacy® stores nationwide, and new members can attach the discount to their card.
How to get your 20% discount:
Just show your card at the time of purchase to receive your discount.
- If you don’t already have an ExtraCare card: Order a card online, pick one up at any CVS Pharmacy, or call 1-800-SHOP-CVS to request a card before you get started with the linking process. When you receive your card, link it to your Tufts Health Plan member ID number using the instructions below.
- If you already have an ExtraCare card from Tufts Health Plan: Continue to use your existing Tufts Health Plan ExtraCare Health card to get your 20% discount. If you need to replace your existing physical card or transfer ExtraCare rewards, call 1-888-543-5938.
- If you already have an ExtraCare card from CVS: Link your CVS ExtraCare card to your Tufts Health Plan member ID number to start receiving your discount. Provide your Tufts Health Plan ID number and your ExtraCare card number when prompted. For questions regarding ExtraCare, call 1-800-SHOP-CVS.
If your plan has prescription coverage, you can spend less on your prescriptions! (Footnote: Member pays mail order copay amount. ) With CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy, you save time and money by getting your maintenance medications through the mail. (Footnote: Medications arrive up to ten days from the date the order is placed. ) To sign up for CVS Caremark’s mail order service, call 1-866-788-5144.
- Prescriptions are reliably and conveniently delivered right to your door.
- CVS Caremark contacts your doctor for new prescriptions so you don’t have to.
ChooseHealthy offers discounts on a number of products including fitness trackers, dietary supplements, diet and sports nutrition, books, and more.
- Save up to 40% (Footnote: Discounts are current at time of printing. Discounts may change depending on availability. ) off suggested retail prices, and FREE shipping. Register on the ChooseHealthy website to take advantage of the discounts.
- For details on how to get these discounts, call ChooseHealthy customer service at 1-877-335-2746. (Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–11 p.m.; Saturday 3 p.m.–11 p.m.), or visit the ChooseHealthy website. ChooseHealthy is a trademark of American Specialty Health and used with permission herein.
Maintain dignity and modesty while undergoing prescribed medical treatment, receiving home care, or recovering from an illness with your own sophisticated and comfortable Original Healing Threads designer wear, designed by three sisters after personal experience with cancer.
Wear Healing Threads to, during, and after outpatient treatments like chemotherapy, dialysis, or radiation. Wear at home during an illness or after surgery for true comfort and convenience. Healing Threads feature soft closures that allow for exposure of only the body parts that need to be exposed for comfort and dignity.
How it works:
- You are eligible to receive 20% off The Original Healing Threads collection of tops and breakaway pants made of soft machine wash and dry polyester microfiber, treated to allow liquids to just roll off the fabric.
- Shop online for The Original Healing Threads designer wear and choose from a variety of colors and sizes ranging from XS to 3XL.
- To receive your 20% member discount, enter “THP” in the Discount Code box located in the Shopping Bag section during checkout.
- To contact Original Healing Threads, call 1-877-647-3900.
Fitness Together pairs you with a personal trainer in a private setting and a workout plan tailored to you!
- New customers pay no fitness evaluation fee.
- New customers get 10% off the purchase price of any personal training package.
- Existing customers get 10% off the purchase price of personal training packages of 36 sessions or greater.
To get the discount, show your Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred ID card when joining any participating Fitness Together location. (Footnote: At participating facilities only. Discounts cannot be combined with any other promotion offered by the fitness location or trainer. )
Nutrition plays a critical role in maintaining optimal health. Home-delivered meals offer a convenient and affordable way to recover from an illness or surgical procedure, or to manage a chronic condition.
As one of the nation’s largest nutritional meal providers, Independent Living Systems delivers 300,000 medically tailored meals a month. Meals are prepared at USDA inspected and approved facilities, and menus are created by chefs who work with registered, licensed dietitians to provide nutritionally balanced meals that meet the needs of a variety of diets.
- Get a 15% discount on home-delivered meals through Independent Living Systems.
- To place an order, call 1-844-372-8631.
Choose between either a free 3-month program (food not included) and $120 in food savings (purchase required) (Footnote: Valid for 3-month trial membership. Weekly full menu averages $156 (before discount) and any shipping costs not included. Discount split over 12 consecutive weeks with full menu purchase. Valid at participating centers and Jenny Craig Anywhere. New members only. No cash value. Not valid with any other offers or discounts. One offer per person. Restrictions apply. ) or a 50% discount off our premium programs (food cost separate). (Footnote: 50% off enrollment and/or membership fees for eligible premium programs. Weekly full menu averages $156 (before any discount) and any shipping cost not included. No cash value. Not valid with any other offer or discounts. Valid at participating locations and Jenny Craig Anywhere. New members only. Restrictions apply. )
The DASH For Health program is an online program dedicated to helping you eat better, exercise better and lose weight. With customized meal plans to help you get started, twice-weekly email tips, tracking tools for weight, food and exercise, and hundreds of recipes, you will eat better, feel better and improve your health—all while eating the foods you love.
- $34.50 for a 6-month subscription (50% off the regular subscription rate, applies to 6-month subscription only).
- To get the discount, sign up online and enter coupon code “TMP.”
Registered dietitians will help you learn how to stay healthy through nutrition and weight management. (Footnote: Discount is separate from covered benefit, see your Evidence of Coverage (EOC) available at thpmp.org/documents for details. )
- Save 25% on unlimited visits with Tufts Health Plan registered dietitians or licensed nutritionists.
- No referral is needed from your primary care provider.
- For a list of providers near you, call Customer Relations at 1-800-701-9000 (TTY: 711).
- To get the discount, show your Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred ID card at time of payment.
The Dinner Daily makes healthy, delicious dinners easy and affordable by providing you with weekly dinner plans customized for your food preferences, dietary needs, and the specials at your local grocery store! Dinner Daily members can save $1,200 or more each year on their grocery costs. Eat better dinners, save money, and make dinners easy.
Members receive 25% on any Dinner Daily subscription—you’ll pay as little as 70 cents a week—and will save many times that on your grocery costs. Plus, your first two weeks are free to make it easy to try.
To sign up, or for more information, visit the Dinner Daily website. Use code “TMP25” when you sign up to receive your discount.
Stay Sharp With Memory Fitness Activities from BrainHQ!
Just as you can exercise your muscles, you can also exercise your intelligence, people skills, ability to recall, and more. Memory fitness programs help improve retention, brain speed, confidence, and attention. You can save 17% on a subscription to the BrainHQ application offered by Posit Science. The BrainHQ application is designed to improve your brain’s speed and ability, strengthen memory, and enable learning. BrainHQ improves your ability to capture information quickly and accurately, helping you lead a more fulfilling and independent life.
Reconnect your body, mind, and spirit with massage therapy or acupuncture.
- Massage therapy: save 25% off the provider’s usual fee, or pay $15 per 15 minutes of massage therapy, whichever is less.
- Acupuncture: save 25% off the provider’s usual fee.
For a list of providers near you, call ChooseHealthy customer service at 1-877-335-2746. (Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–11 p.m.; Saturday 3 p.m.–11 p.m.) ChooseHealthy is a trademark of American Specialty Health and used with permission herein.
Improve your vision without glasses or contact lenses with laser vision correction.
- 15% off the retail price, or 5% off the promotional price of LASIK and PRK laser vision correction. (Footnote: At participating facilities only. Discounts cannot be combined with any other promotion offered by Lasik or the location of service. )
- To find a location near you and to obtain a discount authorization, call 1-877-5LASER6.
Save up to 63% on a wide selection of hearing aid choices from major manufacturers: (Footnote: Savings apply if you receive your benefits from a current or former employer. Hearing aid coverage is included in individual HMO plans. )
- 2-year supply of batteries at no charge.
- 1-year in-office servicing at no charge. (Footnote: Routine service during first year is with original provider. Any services during the first year that are not administered by original provider are subject to charges at provider’s discretion. )
- 3-year comprehensive warranty, including loss, damage, and repairs.
- 60-day hearing aid evaluation period.
- Complete hearing aid evaluation at no charge.
- No-interest financing available for 12 months for qualified applicants.
For details on this discount, call Hearing Care Solutions toll-free at 1-866-344-7756 or call Customer Relations.
Experience how training in mindfulness and meditation can help you achieve greater energy and enthusiasm for life. Attend the 8 week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction or Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy programs at the UMass Memorial Center for Mindfulness in Worcester, MA or online and receive 15% off the cost of tuition. Participants have found an increased ability to relax, reductions in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with pain that may not go away, enhanced ability to cope with stressful situations, and improved self-confidence.
Save 15% on the Cambridge Health Alliance Center for Mindfulness and Compassion (CMC) eight-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Mindful Self-Compassion courses. (Footnote: Programs are available to members on an individual basis after CMC conducts a screening process to determine if the program is right for you. ) Experience mindfulness and compassion training to reduce stress and improve your overall well-being.
For more information and to register, visit the CMC's course page. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-617-591-6132. To get your discount, use access code "TMP15" during the registration process.
The Meditation 101 Series is designed for those who are new to meditation. Meditation is a simple and effective way to calm your mind, relax your body, and improve your outlook and concentration. Meditation 101 consists of 10 short audio lessons that provide you with everything you need to know to begin meditating.
- The lessons are designed to be taken in sequence, and you can listen to each lesson multiple times to learn each skill. Each lesson is about 5 minutes long.
- Visit the Meditation 101 site and enter the access code “TMP” to begin.
With Ompractice, you can access live, online yoga and meditation classes led by an instructor to practice yoga from the comfort and privacy of your own home. Ompractice utilizes two-way video so you can participate in group classes and receive feedback and support from your teacher.
Tufts Health Plan members can sign up for Ompractice for $14.99/month (a 40% discount off the monthly plan) or $129.00 for an annual subscription (30% off the regular subscription rate). In addition, you may be able to use your Annual Wellness Allowance to submit for possible reimbursement of your membership fees. For full details of your Annual Wellness Allowance, please see your Evidence of Coverage (EOC).
Be Safer At Home (BSAH) offers members substantially discounted rates on the installation and monthly fees of a Personal Emergency Response System.
BSAH has several options to meet your lifestyle and budget needs including: Landline, Cellular, Mobile, Mobile GPS, and Fall Detection. Be Safer At Home is one of the nation’s largest providers of Personal Emergency Response Systems, and takes great pride in the fact that they treat all of their subscribers with the same level of dignity and respect that they would a member of their own family.
To receive the discounted rates and to schedule a FREE consultation, contact Be Safer At Home at 1-866-513-7377 and provide code “THP.”
Save on a variety of services that help members with chronic health problems stay well at home or transition to a new location.
- Savings include a 20% discount for services such as home modification, house cleaning, hoarding assistance, and more.
- For details on discounts, and to order services, call LifeCycle Transitions at 1-877-273-7810 and use reference code “LCTTHP.”
Home Instead Senior Care provides a wide range of non-medical support services to enable seniors to live safely and comfortably wherever they call home—whether that’s the home they lived in for decades, the home of a child, an assisted living community, or a nursing home. Trained CAREGivers® help seniors with meal preparation, bathing, grooming, dressing, incontinence care, mobility assistance, transportation, housework, and medication regimen support. Home Instead provides support services in hospice settings and following discharge from the hospital or rehab. CAREGivers® provide meaningful companionship, engagement, and supervision to seniors that have an Alzheimer’s or dementia diagnosis. Home Instead’s services are customized to meet the needs of each individual. Service hours generally range from a few hours per week to 24 hours per day.
As a Tufts Health Plan member, you can receive a one-time $100 credit toward charges for services at participating offices. Tufts Health Plan members also receive a free home safety inspection once you have contracted for services with Home Instead Senior Care.