Information for members affected by the Cape Cod Tornadoes
We are working hard to assure our members affected by the tornadoes on Cape Cod have access to the care they need.
We are expediting calls and claims for our members in the tornadoes' path.
If you are a member in an affected area, please call the number on your member ID card if you need help in any way accessing care, getting required medications, or need help navigating the health care system. When calling, please tell the member service representative you are calling from the affected area, and you will be connected to someone who can help guide you through the process.
If you do not have your member ID card, please call Customer Relations at 1-800-701-9000.
The Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred website also has an on-line provider directory that provides detailed information on each physician in the network such as: location, hospital affiliation, languages spoken, medical school attended, board certifications, and specialties.
Some questions to consider when choosing a PCP
- Do you need a physician with a specific area of interest such as family practice or internal medicine, or a dual specialty in cardiology and internal medicine?
- Is location an important factor? Perhaps you want a PCP to be located near your home, work or a caregiver?
- Do you have any special language, cultural or accessibility needs?
- Do you need a PCP who has extended hours or who offers in-home visits?
- Do you prefer that your PCP be affiliated with a particular hospital?
- Are you more comfortable with a male for female physician?
- Is the PCP you're chosen board certified?
- Does he/she have any specialty training or outstanding awards?
Feeling comfortable with your physician
Whether you are fostering a relationship with your current physician or building one with a new physician, it’s important that you feel comfortable with him/her. You should feel at ease confiding in your doctor, and that he is genuinely interested in your feelings, personal values and medical concerns. If you feel you’re not receiving the care you deserve, express these concerns to your doctor. Keep in mind, if you ever want to change your PCP, you have the option to do so at anytime. If you have any questions, just call Customer Relations at 1-800-701-9000 (TTY 1-800-208-9562). Representatives are available Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (From October 1 – February 14, representatives are available 7 days a week, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.) After hours and on holidays, please leave a message and a representative will return your call the next business day.
*Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred is not affiliated with this Web Site- See more at: http://www.tuftsmedicarepreferred.org/members/using-your-plan/getting-more-doctor-visits/feel-secure-your-choice-doctor#sthash.T4VeDZRV.dpuf