How Can Tufts Health Plan Senior Care Options Offer So Much for $0?
Complete health care coverage — for $0!
How is it possible to get so much coverage for $0? It may seem too good to be true, but it’s not. Tufts Health Plan Senior Care Options is a nationally recognized health plan for individuals ages 65 or older who qualify for MassHealth Standard (Medicaid). Individuals who qualify receive more health care benefits than MassHealth and Original Medicare, plus additional care and support, all for $0! No catches, no gimmicks, no tricks.
What do you get for $0? A lot.
As the only Senior Care Options (SCO) plan in Massachusetts to receive 5 out of 5 Stars from Medicare for five years in a row, we know what it takes to keep our members happy and healthy. As a Tufts Health Plan Senior Care Options member, you get complete coverage including, but not limited to:
- Free rides to and from your medical appointments, plus 12 non-medical rides per year¹
- Up to $420/year on your Instant Savings card to purchase health care supplies like toothbrushes, vitamins, pain relievers, and more2
- Up to $100/year on your DailyCare+ card to buy personal care products, such as deodorant, shampoo, body wash, and more3
- Free dental exams, dentures, root canals, implants, crowns, and more4
- Free primary care and specialist visits, plus emergency coverage available worldwide
- Free covered prescription drugs and over-the-counter (OTC) medications
- Free annual vision exam, with up to a $300 eyewear allowance5
- Free routine hearing exams and hearing aids
- $200/year wellness allowance to use on fitness classes, to buy an activity tracker, and more6
- Free membership to your local Massachusetts YMCA facility7
- Free shower chairs, grab bars, and other supportive products for the home
- Free protective underwear, pads, catheters, and other disposable medical supplies
- Up to three (3) free pairs of therapeutic custom-molded shoes for diabetic members
Our members also have access to a dedicated Care Manager who will work closely with your doctor and help guide you through the health care system to ensure you receive the right care.
When it comes to your health, you deserve the best plan possible. If you are 65 or older and have MassHealth Standard, you may be eligible to join right away. Not sure if you are eligible? We can help! Our team of local experts can help you determine if you qualify and can assist you with the enrollment process.
Give us a call today to get started: 1-877-435-8993 (TTY: 711)*
*7 days a week, 8 a.m.–8 p.m. (Apr. 1–Sep. 30: Mon.–Fri., 8 a.m.–8 p.m.) ¹Non-emergency. Non-medical rides limited to 1 round trip per month, 20 miles each way of trip. Members must use plan-approved vendor to access benefit. Exceptions may apply. 2$105/quarter allowance is for the purchase of Medicare-approved OTC items from participating retailers. Under certain circumstances, items may be covered under your Medicare Part B or Part D benefit. 3$25/quarter allowance is for the purchase of Medicaid-approved OTC items from participating retailers. 4Benefit and network limits may apply. 5$300 available toward the full retail price (not sale price) for eyeglasses (lenses, frames, or a combination) or contact lenses from a provider in the EyeMed Vision Care Network or up to $180 from a store not in the EyeMed network. 6Activity tracker is limited to one per member per calendar year. 7YMCA membership is valid at one local YMCA facility in Massachusetts. Membership does not include classes. Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-Star rating system. Visit www.medicare.gov for more information. Tufts Health Plan Senior Care Options received 5 out of 5 Stars for contract years 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. Tufts Health Plan Senior Care Options is an HMO-SNP with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Tufts Health Plan Senior Care Options depends on contract renewal. The HMO-SNP is available to anyone who has both MassHealth Standard (Medicaid) and Medicare Parts A and B. The SCO is available to anyone who has MassHealth Standard only. Other eligibility requirements may apply. Tufts Health Plan complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame la 1-855-670-5934 (TTY: 711). ATENÇÃO: Se fala português, encontram-se disponíveis serviços linguísticos, grátis. Ligue para 1-855-670-5934 (TTY: 711).