Healthy Living Essentials: Preferred Extras
Preferred Extras include programs and services, offered at a discounted rate for Tufts Health Plan Medicare Advantage members, designed to help you lead a healthy lifestyle. Reference your Evidence of Coverage booklet for complete information.
Click an item to learn more:
With the ExtraCare Health Program you receive 20%1 off regularly priced CVS Health Brand2 non-prescription health-related items valued at $1 or more. The ExtraCare card can be used at CVS Pharmacy® stores nationwide, and you can attach the discount to your card. NOTE: This discount not available beginning January 1, 2023.
How to get your 20% discount:
Just show your card at the time of purchase to receive your discount.
- If you don’t already have an ExtraCare card: Order a card online, pick one up at any CVS Pharmacy, or call 1-800-SHOP-CVS to request a card before you get started with the linking process. When you receive your card, link it to your Tufts Health Plan member ID number using the instructions below.
- If you already have an ExtraCare card from CVS: Link your CVS ExtraCare card to your Tufts Health Plan member ID number to start receiving your discount. Just visit bit.ly/extracarehealth to start the activation
process. Provide your Tufts Health Plan ID number and your ExtraCare card number when prompted. For questions regarding ExtraCare, call 1-800-SHOP-CVS.
If your plan has prescription coverage, you can have prescriptions you take regularly delivered to your door with CVS Caremark® Mail Service Pharmacy! You may be able to save up to $49 for a 90-day supply of prescription medications (depending on the plan you are in and the tier your drug is on). That's a potential savings of up to $196 a year!3 To sign up for CVS Caremark’s mail order service, call 1-866-788-5144.
- Prescriptions are reliably and conveniently delivered right to your door.
- CVS Caremark contacts your doctor for new prescriptions so you don’t have to.
Fitness Together provides customized workout programs to help you reach your fitness goals. With Fitness Together, you are paired with a personal trainer in a private setting and receive a workout plan tailored to you.
- New customers pay no fitness evaluation fee.
- New customers get 10% off the purchase price of any personal training package.
- Existing customers get 10% off the purchase price of personal training packages of 36 sessions or greater.
To get the discount, show your Tufts Health Plan ID card when joining any participating Fitness Together location.4
Nutrition plays a critical role in maintaining optimal health. Home-delivered meals offer a convenient and affordable way to recover from an illness or surgical procedure, or to manage a chronic condition.
As one of the nation’s largest nutritional meal providers, Independent Living Systems delivers 300,000 medically tailored meals a month. Meals are prepared at USDA inspected and approved facilities, and menus are created by chefs who work with registered, licensed dietitians to provide nutritionally balanced meals that meet the needs of a variety of diets.
- Get a 15% discount on home-delivered meals through Independent Living Systems.
- To place an order, call 1-844-372-8631.
Save $200 on Jenny Craig Complete Weight Loss Plan (purchase required).5
- Delicious Food: Enjoy a customized meal plan, which includes delicious, chef-crafted meals, snacks and desserts, including the Jenny Craig Recharge Bar.
- Dedicated Personal Consultant: Jenny Craig provides personal one-on-one coaching with flexible by phone and in-person options.
Visit www.jennycraig.com/THPMP OR Call 1-877-536-6970 for a free consultation.
Registered dietitians will help you learn how to stay healthy through nutrition and weight management.6
- Save 25% on unlimited visits with Tufts Health Plan-registered dietitians or licensed nutritionists.
- No referral is needed from your primary care provider.
- For a list of providers near you, call Member Services at 1-800-701-9000 (TTY: 711).
- To get the discount, show your Tufts Health Plan ID card at time of payment.
The Dinner Daily makes healthy, delicious dinners easy and affordable by providing you with weekly dinner plans customized for your food preferences, dietary needs, and the specials at your local grocery store! Dinner Daily members can save $1,200 or more each year on their grocery costs. Eat better dinners, save money, and make dinners easy.
Members receive 25% on any Dinner Daily subscription—you’ll pay as little as 70 cents a week—and will save many times that on your grocery costs. Plus, your first two weeks are free to make it easy to try.
To sign up, or for more information, visit the Dinner Daily website. Use code “TMP25” when you sign up to receive your discount.
Reconnect your body, mind, and spirit with massage therapy or acupuncture.
- Massage therapy: save 25% off the provider’s usual fee, or pay $15 per 15 minutes of massage therapy, whichever is less.
- Acupuncture: save 25% off the provider’s usual fee.
For a list of providers near you, visit the ChooseHealthy website or call ChooseHealthy customer service at 1-877-335-2746. (Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–9 p.m.) ChooseHealthy is a trademark of American Specialty Health and used with permission herein.
Improve your vision without glasses or contact lenses with laser vision correction.
- 15% off the retail price, or 5% off the promotional price of LASIK and PRK laser vision correction.7
- To find a location near you and to obtain a discount authorization, call 1-877-5LASER6.
Fully-digital hearing aids starting at $500 per instrument!8
- Choose among 9 major manufacturers.
- 3-year supply of batteries at no charge (up to 64 cells per ear, per year for non-rechargeable devices).
- 1-year of follow-up care at no charge, with the original provider.9
- 3-year comprehensive warranty, including loss, damage, and repairs.
- 60-day hearing aid evaluation period.
- Complete hearing aid evaluation at no charge.
- 12-month, interest-free financing available to qualified applicants.
For details on this discount, call Hearing Care Solutions toll-free at 1-866-344-7756 or call Member Services.
Experience how training in mindfulness and meditation can help you achieve greater energy and enthusiasm for life. Attend the 8 week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction or Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy programs at the UMass Memorial Center for Mindfulness in Worcester, MA or online and receive 15% off the cost of tuition. Participants have found an increased ability to relax, reductions in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with pain that may not go away, enhanced ability to cope with stressful situations, and improved self-confidence.
For more information, email the Center at email@example.com, visit the Center for Mindfulness website, or call Member Services. NOTE: This discount not available beginning January 1, 2023.
Save 15% on the Cambridge Health Alliance Center for Mindfulness and Compassion (CMC) eight-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Mindful Self-Compassion courses.10 Experience mindfulness and compassion training to reduce stress and improve your overall well-being.
For more information and to register, visit the CMC's course page. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-617-591-6132. To get your discount, use access code "TMP15" during the registration process.
The Meditation 101 Series is designed for those who are new to meditation. Meditation is a simple and effective way to calm your mind, relax your body, and improve your outlook and concentration. Meditation 101 consists of 10 short audio lessons that provide you with everything you need to know to begin meditating. NOTE: This discount not available beginning January 1, 2023.
- The lessons are designed to be taken in sequence, and you can listen to each lesson multiple times to learn each skill. Each lesson is about 5 minutes long.
- Visit the Meditation 101 site and enter the access code “TMP” to begin.
With Ompractice, you can access live, online yoga and meditation classes led by an instructor to practice yoga from the comfort and privacy of your own home. Ompractice utilizes two-way video so you can participate in group classes and receive feedback and support from your teacher.
Tufts Health Plan members can sign up for Ompractice for $14.99/month or $129.00 for an annual subscription (40% off the monthly rate). In addition, you may be able to use your annual Wellness Allowance to submit for possible reimbursement of your membership fees. For full details of your annual Wellness Allowance, please see your Evidence of Coverage (EOC).
Be Safer At Home (BSAH) offers members substantially discounted rates on the installation and monthly fees of a Personal Emergency Response System.
BSAH has several options to meet your lifestyle and budget needs including: Landline, Cellular, Mobile, Mobile GPS, and Fall Detection. Be Safer At Home is one of the nation’s largest providers of Personal Emergency Response Systems, and takes great pride in the fact that they treat all of their subscribers with the same level of dignity and respect that they would a member of their own family.
To receive the discounted rates and to schedule a FREE consultation, contact Be Safer At Home at 1-866-513-7377 and provide code “TUFTSMP”.
If you have chronic health problems, LifeCycle Transitions can help you stay well at home or transition to a new location.
- Get a 20% discount for services such as relocation and downsizing, help addressing a distressed home, cleaning, hoarding assistance, and more.
- For details on discounts, and to order services, call LifeCycle Transitions at 1-877-273-7810 and use reference code “LCTTHPMP”.
Home Instead Senior Care provides a wide range of non-medical support services to enable seniors to live safely and comfortably wherever they call home—whether that’s the home they lived in for decades, the home of a child, an assisted living community, or a nursing home. Trained CAREGivers® help seniors with meal preparation, bathing, grooming, dressing, incontinence care, mobility assistance, transportation, housework, and medication regimen support. Home Instead provides support services in hospice settings and following discharge from the hospital or rehab. CAREGivers® provide meaningful companionship, engagement, and supervision to seniors that have an Alzheimer’s or dementia diagnosis. Home Instead’s services are customized to meet the needs of each individual. Service hours generally range from a few hours per week to 24 hours per day.
- Get a one-time $100 credit toward charges for services at participating offices. To get the discount, show your Tufts Health Plan member ID card during your consultation.
- Tufts Health Plan members also receive a free home safety inspection once you have contracted for services with Home Instead Senior Care.
- The 20% discount is restricted to items purchased for the health care of the cardholder only, and applies to regularly priced CVS Health Brand health-related items valued at $1 or more. Your ExtraCare Health discount may not be used in Target stores, including those with a CVS Pharmacy in them. Excludes alcohol, lottery, money orders, prescriptions and copays, pseudoephedrine/ephedrine products, postage stamps, pre-paid cards, gift cards, newspapers and magazines, milk (where required by law or regulation), sale/promotional merchandise, bottle deposits, bus passes, hunting and fishing licenses, not valid on any imposed governmental fees, or items reimbursed by a government health plan.
- All CVS Pharmacy Brand products are 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. If you’re dissatisfied for any reason, you can return the CVS Pharmacy Brand product (opened or unopened) along with your receipt or invoice to any CVS Pharmacy store. We’ll refund the full purchase price—no questions asked! To return the item by mail, call Customer Care at 1-888-607-4CVS (1-888-607-4287). Other pharmacies are available in our network. You are not obligated to fill your prescriptions at CVS Pharmacy by using the ExtraCare Health benefit.
- Member pays mail order copay amount.
- At participating facilities only. Discounts cannot be combined with any other promotion offered by the fitness location or trainer.
- Savings redeemed as 8 consecutive weeks of $25 food credits, with weekly full planned menu purchase (average $182 before discount). Active program enrollment and eligibility status required, which includes meeting with a consultant weekly and adhering to the full Jenny Craig meal plan. Any shipping costs are extra. Food cost subject to change. Valid only at participating centers and Jenny Craig Anywhere. Not valid at jennycraig.com. No cash value. Not valid with any other food offers or discounts. Expires 12/31/22.
- Discount is separate from covered benefit. See your Evidence of Coverage (EOC) available at thpmp.org/documents for details.
- At participating facilities only. Discounts cannot be combined with any other promotion offered by Lasik or the location of service.
- Savings apply if you receive your benefits from a current or former employer. Hearing aid coverage is included in individual HMO plans.
- Routine service during first year is with original provider. Any services during the first year that are not administered by original provider are subject to charges at provider’s discretion.
- Programs are available to members on an individual basis after CMC conducts a screening process to determine if the program is right for you.
Resources & Tools
Use the drug search tools to find out if your drugs are covered and which tier they fall under on your plan type.
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor within your Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred HMO network or your Tufts Health Plan Senior Care Options network.
Health Library A-Z
Tufts Health Plan has partnered with Healthwise to provide members with access to a library of high-quality content on conditions, treatments and more.