Explore 2024 Tufts Medicare Preferred Access (PPO) Flex Advantage Spending Card Dental Coverage
Your Flex Advantage Spending Card
The Flex Advantage spending card allows Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred Access (PPO) Plan members to see any dentist in the country who accepts Visa® — no network, cost sharing, or other restrictions to worry about. Learn more about the Flex Advantage spending card by clicking the link below.
Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred Access (PPO) Plan Members
The Flex Advantage spending card allows Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred Access (PPO) Plan members to see any dentist in the country who accepts Visa® — no network, cost sharing, or other restrictions to worry about. Just present your Flex Advantage spending card at the dentist when paying for a covered procedure — no more cost shares or bills.*
Access PPO members receive a yearly dental benefit amount of $1,500, which can be used to pay for non-cosmetic and non-Medicare-covered dental procedures. The full amount is loaded onto your Flex Advantage spending card at the beginning of the year. The balance does not carry over, so try to use it all before the end of the year.
Flex Advantage Spending Card Basics
How it Works
1. Dual-purpose Visa® branded card administered by OTC vendor Incomm.
2. Card is loaded at beginning of year with annual dental benefit amount. Unused balance does not carry over to new benefit year.
3. Card is also loaded at the beginning of each quarter (in January, April, July, and October) with a quarterly OTC credit.
4. Medicare-approved OTC items can be purchased at participating retailers or online at Medline and Walmart.com (log-in at thpmp.org/mybenefitscenter).
5. Dental coverage includes non-cosmetic and non-Medicare-covered dental services (including fluoride treatment and implants).
6. Members can use the Flex Advantage spending card to pay for covered dental services up to the annual limit at any dentist in the country that accepts Visa. There are no cost shares or service limits. Member is responsible for cost of non-covered services and cost of covered services above the annual limit.
Flex Advantage Card Exclusions
Non-Covered Dental Services
1. Reconstructive, plastic, cosmetic, elective, or aesthetic dentistry.
2. Replacement of dentures, bridges, inlays, onlays, or crowns that can be repaired or restored to normal function.
3. Elective surgery including, but not limited to, extraction of nonpathologic, asymptomatic impacted teeth, including third molars.
4. Services which are not necessary for the patient’s dental health as determined by the plan.
5. Dental services covered by your inpatient and outpatient medical benefits, including services by a dentist or oral surgeon that are limited to surgery of the jaw or related structures, setting fractures of the jaw or facial bones, extraction of teeth to prepare the jaw for radiation treatments of neoplastic disease, or services that would be covered when provided by a doctor.