Rustic Italian Tomato Soup
- 16 oz. frozen mixed bell pepper strips (may be labeled "stir-fry mix")
- 14.5 oz. canned, no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 can no-salt-added navy beans (drained, rinsed)
- 3 tbsp. chopped, fresh basil
- 2 tbsp. chopped, fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano (crumbled)
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (extra virgin preferred)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a food processor or blender, process the bell pepper strips, tomatoes with liquid, broth, beans, basil, parsley, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes until slightly chunky or smooth.
- Pour into a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, or until the flavors are blended.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the oil and salt.
Recipe source: American Heart Association
Resources & Tools
Use the drug search tools to find out if your drugs are covered and which tier they fall under on your plan type.
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor within your Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred HMO network or your Tufts Health Plan Senior Care Options network.
Health Library A-Z
Tufts Health Plan has partnered with Healthwise to provide members with access to a library of high-quality content on conditions, treatments and more.