Healthy Living Essentials: Preferred Extras
Preferred Extras include programs and services, offered at a discounted rate for Tufts Health Plan Medicare Advantage members, designed to help you lead a healthy lifestyle. Reference your Evidence of Coverage booklet for complete information.
Click an item to learn more:
Health Products and Services
OptumRx Home Delivery
If your plan has prescription coverage, you can have prescriptions you take regularly delivered to your door with Optum Home Delivery! You may be able to save up to $53 for a 90-day supply of prescription medications (depending on the plan you are in and the tier your drug is on). That’s a potential savings of up to $212 a year!1
Signing up for home delivery is easy. You can sign up online, by phone, or by mail:
- Online: Visit OptumRx.com.
- By phone: HMO: 1-800-299-7648, PPO: 1-800-460-0322. Have your Tufts Health Plan member ID number, prescription number(s), and credit card information ready whenever you call.
- By mail: Complete the order form on our website. You should receive your order in approximately two weeks.
Fitness, Nutrition, and Weight Management
Fitness Together provides customized workout programs to help you reach your fitness goals. With Fitness Together, you are paired with a personal trainer in a private setting and receive a workout plan tailored to you.
- New customers pay no fitness evaluation fee.
- New customers get 10% off the purchase price of any personal training package.
- Existing customers get 10% off the purchase price of personal training packages of 36 sessions or greater.
To get the discount, show your Tufts Health Plan ID card when joining any participating Fitness Together location.2
Well Balanced Meal Delivery Program
Nutrition plays a critical role in maintaining optimal health. Home-delivered meals offer a convenient and affordable way to recover from an illness or surgical procedure, or to manage a chronic condition.
As one of the nation’s largest nutritional meal providers, Independent Living Systems delivers 300,000 medically tailored meals a month. Meals are prepared at USDA inspected and approved facilities, and menus are created by chefs who work with registered, licensed dietitians to provide nutritionally balanced meals that meet the needs of a variety of diets.
- Get a 15% discount on home-delivered meals through Independent Living Systems.
- To place an order, call 1-844-372-8631.
Registered dietitians will help you learn how to stay healthy through nutrition and weight management.3
- Save 25% on unlimited visits with Tufts Health Plan-registered dietitians or licensed nutritionists.
- No referral is needed from your primary care provider.
- For a list of providers near you, call Member Services at 1-800-701-9000 (HMO) or 1-866-623-0172 (PPO) (TTY: 711).
- To get the discount, show your Tufts Health Plan ID card at time of payment.
The Dinner Daily
The Dinner Daily makes healthy, delicious dinners easy and affordable by providing you with weekly dinner plans customized for your food preferences, dietary needs, and the specials at your local grocery store!
Members receive 25% on any Dinner Daily subscription and will save many times that on your grocery costs. Plus, your first two weeks are free to make it easy to try.
To sign up, or for more information, visit the Dinner Daily website. Use code “TMP25” when you sign up to receive your discount.
Health and Wellness Discounts
Massage Therapy and Acupuncture
Reconnect your body, mind, and spirit with massage therapy or acupuncture.
- Massage therapy: Save 25% off the provider’s usual fee, or pay $15 per 15 minutes of massage therapy, whichever is less.
- Acupuncture: Save 25% off the provider’s usual fee.
For a list of providers near you, visit the ChooseHealthy website or call ChooseHealthy customer service at 1-877-335-2746. (Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–9 p.m.). ChooseHealthy is a trademark of American Specialty Health and used with permission herein.
Laser Vision Correction
Improve your vision without glasses or contact lenses with laser vision correction.
- 15% off the retail price, or 5% off the promotional price of LASIK and PRK laser vision correction.4
- To find a location near you and to obtain a discount authorization, call 1-877-5LASER6.
Discount is available on a wide selection of hearing aid choices from major manufacturers up to 63% below retail.5
- 3-year supply of batteries at no charge (up to 64 cells per ear, per year for non-rechargeable devices).
- 1 year of follow-up care at no charge, with the original provider.6
- 3-year comprehensive warranty, including loss, damage, and repairs.
- 60-day hearing aid evaluation period.
- Complete hearing aid evaluation at no charge.
- 12-month, interest-free financing available to qualified applicants.
For details on this discount, or to schedule your comprehensive hearing exam, call Hearing Care Solutions at 1-866-344-7756. For more details, visit hearingcaresolutions.com/tuftshealthplan.
Personal Growth and Development
Cambridge Health Alliance Center for Mindfulness and Compassion (CMC) Discount
Save 15% on the Cambridge Health Alliance Center for Mindfulness and Compassion (CMC) eight-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Mindful Self-Compassion courses.7 Experience mindfulness and compassion training to reduce stress and improve your overall well-being.
For more information and to register, visit the CMC's course page. If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 1-617-591-6132. To get your discount, use access code "TMP15" during the registration process.
With Ompractice, you can access live, online yoga and meditation classes led by an instructor to practice yoga from the comfort and privacy of your own home. Ompractice utilizes two-way video so you can participate in group classes and receive feedback and support from your teacher.
Tufts Health Plan members can sign up for Ompractice for $14.99/month or $129.00 for an annual subscription (40% off the monthly rate). In addition, you may be able to use your annual Wellness Allowance to submit for possible reimbursement of your membership fees. For full details of your annual Wellness Allowance, please see your Evidence of Coverage (EOC).
Be Safer at Home™
Be Safer At Home (BSAH) offers members substantially discounted rates on the installation and monthly fees of a Personal Emergency Response System.
BSAH has several options to meet your lifestyle and budget needs including: Landline, Cellular, Mobile, Mobile GPS, and Fall Detection. Be Safer At Home is one of the nation’s largest providers of Personal Emergency Response Systems, and takes great pride in the fact that they treat all of their subscribers with the same level of dignity and respect that they would a member of their own family.
Get a 25% discount (or more) on the installation and monthly fees of a Personal Emergency Response System. To receive the discounted rates and to schedule a FREE consultation, contact Be Safer At Home at 1-866-513-7377 and provide code “TUFTSMP”.
If you have chronic health problems, LifeCycle Transitions can help you stay well at home or transition to a new location.
- Get a 20% discount for services such as relocation and downsizing, help addressing a distressed home, cleaning, hoarding assistance, and more.
- For details on discounts, and to order services, call LifeCycle Transitions at 1-877-273-7810 and use reference code “LCTTHPMP”.
Home Instead Senior Care
Home Instead Senior Care provides a wide range of non-medical support services to enable seniors to live safely and comfortably wherever they call home—whether that’s the home they lived in for decades, the home of a child, an assisted living community, or a nursing home. Trained CAREGivers® help seniors with meal preparation, bathing, grooming, dressing, incontinence care, mobility assistance, transportation, housework, and medication regimen support. Home Instead provides support services in hospice settings and following discharge from the hospital or rehab. CAREGivers® provide meaningful companionship, engagement, and supervision to seniors that have an Alzheimer’s or dementia diagnosis. Home Instead’s services are customized to meet the needs of each individual. Service hours generally range from a few hours per week to 24 hours per day.
- Get a one-time $100 credit toward charges for services at participating offices. To get the discount, show your Tufts Health Plan member ID card during your consultation.
- Tufts Health Plan members also receive a free home safety inspection once you have contracted for services with Home Instead Senior Care.
For more information, please contact Home Instead on their website or by phone at 1-888-580-6676. To get the discount, just show your Tufts Health Plan ID card.
Advance Care Planning
Advance Care Planning
Explore health care planning information and download resources to help ensure that the care you receive is the care you want.
1Member pays mail order copay amount.
2At participating facilities only. Discounts cannot be combined with any other promotion offered by the fitness location or trainer.
3Discount is separate from covered benefit. See your Evidence of Coverage (EOC) available at thpmp.org/documents for details.
4At participating facilities only. Discounts cannot be combined with any other promotion offered by Lasik or the location of service.
5Savings do not apply if you receive your benefits from a current or former employer. Hearing aid coverage is included in individual HMO plans.
6Routine service during first year is with original provider. Any services during the first year that are not administered by original provider are subject to charges at provider’s discretion.
7Programs are available to members on an individual basis after CMC conducts a screening process to determine if the program is right for you.