Sautéed Zucchini, Tomato and Chickpea Ragout
This Simple Cooking with Heart, Italian recipe is a delicious way to get more vegetables and beans into your eating routine.
- 2 medium zucchini (chopped) OR 3 yellow squash (chopped)
- 28 oz. canned, no-salt-added, or, low-sodium tomatoes (crushed)
- 6 cups Chickpea Salad with Tomatoes and Cucumber
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups whole-wheat couscous
- Spray a large sauté pan with cooking spray. Add chopped zucchini and cook over medium-high heat. Stirring occasionally with spatula, cook until zucchini are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, Chickpea Salad, cumin, and black pepper. Stir and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover with lid or foil. Reduce heat to low so mixture is simmering. Let ragout simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make couscous according to package directions (omitting the salt and fat).
- Serve ragout over couscous.
Note: 1 (16 oz.) package whole-wheat spaghetti can be used as a substitute for the couscous.
Source: American Heart Association
Resources & Tools
Use the drug search tools to find out if your drugs are covered and which tier they fall under on your plan type.
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor within your Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred HMO network or your Tufts Health Plan Senior Care Options network.
Health Library A-Z
Tufts Health Plan has partnered with Healthwise to provide members with access to a library of high-quality content on conditions, treatments and more.