Use your Wellness Benefit to stay healthy and save!
Your Wellness Benefit helps you lead a healthy lifestyle and it pays you back! Get $150 (or $250 for our Saver Rx plan members) each year1 towards:
Exercise equipment (October 1 – December 31, 2020)2
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can now use your Wellness Allowance towards the purchase of exercise equipment that you can use at home. Examples include treadmills, exercise bikes, ellipticals free weights, resistance bands, weight stations (such as bowflex), jump ropes, yoga mats, and subscription services to online classes. Items are subject to plan approval.
- This change is in effect from October 1 – December 31, 2020. For complete details on changes, visit our COVID-19 page. We will re-evaluate all COVID-19 related coverage changes and may extend or expand them as necessary if the public health emergency continues into 2021. Benefit changes are subject to regulatory requirements and approval.
- You have until March 31, 2021 to submit your reimbursement request along with supporting documents to Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred.
- Benefit does not apply if you receive your benefits from a current or former employer.
- Membership in a qualified health or fitness club
- Fitness classes such as yoga, Pilates, tai chi, and aerobics
- Matter of Balance program
- The Arthritis Foundation exercise program
- Fit For Your Life activity program
- Nutritional counseling sessions
- Healthy Eating for Successful Living program
- Participation in the Enhanced Wellness Program, including memory fitness activities
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
- Diabetes workshop program
- Healthy IDEAS program
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers class
- AAA Senior Driving program
- Visits to a licensed acupuncturist
How to get your reimbursement
The Wellness Allowance Reimbursement Form has all the instructions you need for getting your reimbursement. You can submit several forms during the year that total $150 (or $250 for our Saver Rx plan members), or you can send in one form for up to $150 (or $250 for our Saver Rx plan members). Reimbursement requests for 2020 must be received by Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred by March 31st, 2021.
Need exercise tips?
Everyone can benefit from staying active. Find an exercise plan that's right for you, plus learn more about the types of activities and programs available at fitness centers.
1$150 (or $250 for our Saver Rx plan members) is the total reimbursement amount each year (January 1 – December 31).
2The effective date for this change is 10/1/2020 to 12/31/2020. Only purchases made during this period and submitted for reimbursement by the deadline will be reimbursed. Purchases made prior to 10/1 do not qualify.
This information is not a complete description of benefits. Call 1-800-701-9000 (TTY: 711) for more information.